Our Privacy Notice
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from you or about you. It applies to all situations where we collect your personal data.
1.What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we may process in connection with the activities and running of the Beaumaris and Menai Bridge Camera Club (BMBCC), where relevant, includes:
- Personal and contact details, such as, full name, contact details (including phone number(s) and email address), photographic awards and membership numbers.
- Records of your contact with us, such as copies of membership application forms, texts, emails and letters as well as records of competition entries.
- Records of any Committee positions you have held, including committee member’s reports.
- Photographs (in any format) taken and/or submitted by you.
- Information we obtain from third parties, including:
- Competition results
- Photographic examination results
2.What is the source of your personal information?
We will collect information from the following sources:
- Information provided by you on our membership application form.
- Information from you directly, such as updates to contact details or competition entries.
- Information generated as a result of managing the activities of the club, including, but not limited to:
- Records of attendance and payments
- Records of our communications with you and your communications with us.
- Records of events and activities organised by the club.
- Committee meeting records
3.What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data list in section 1 above, for the following purposes:
- Managing Club accounts and membership of the club.
- Members Contact Directory
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance.
- To share names and photographs, as needed, with other photographic organisations, in order to enter regional competitions.
- To send you, if you so wish, marketing information, such as goods or services offered by selected photographic companies or organisations
4.What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal basis to use your personal data where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, for example, to follow guidance and best practice of government and regulatory bodies, or to maintain an archive of the Club’s activities.
5.When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- Other photographic organisations
- Government and regulatory bodies.
6.Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
Your personal information may be held on a cloud based server operated by Microsoft. This data may be held outside the UK or EAA but we rely on Microsoft adherence to UK GDPR for this storage. We will not otherwise transfer your information outside the UK or EAA without your explicit consent.
7.For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless otherwise stated, we will hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing the activities of the club.
- For as long as you are a member and then for at least one year thereafter
- Details of names of Committee members, roles held and committee and AGM reports will be retained indefinitely as part of the Club’s historical archives
- Details of names of competition judges, speakers and potential speakers will be held as long as they are active in Club events and for 5 years thereafter.
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
8.Do we do any automated decision making?
No, we do not do any automated decision making based on your personal data.
9.What personal information do we use for marketing?
We will circulate to you by email details of meetings and events, both organised by BMBCC and other photographic organisations as part of the Club’s normal activities.
We may also circulate marketing material, such as details of goods or services offered by members or photographic organisations or suppliers, where that is deemed to be in the interests of our members. You need to consent to receive marketing circulations.
We will not pass any of your information to third parties for marketing purposes, without your prior consent.
10.What are your rights under the data protection laws:
All individuals have rights under the data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we will explain at that time if they apply or not.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it.
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed.
- The right to object to processing of your personal information.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information erased. (the “right to be forgotten”).
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”) when processing is carried out by automated means.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision making, including profiling, which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
11.Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We are unable to provide you with membership of the club if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing personal information is optional, we will make this clear.
12.How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we are relying on your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
13.Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us using the contact details in section 13. above to exercise these rights.
14.What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us, by email to the contact in section 13. above. We will then update your records.
15.Breaches in data security
Breaches in data security will be reported to the Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk) as soon as the Club is made aware of them.