Trophy Competition Rules & Guidance
- All members of the club are eligible to enter work for the exhibition.
- All entries must be accompanied by a completed entry form.
- No image will be accepted which has been entered and judged at a previous club annual trophy competition but work entered for monthly competitions etc. is fully acceptable.
- An image may be entered into only one category and be in either the print or the PDI section.
- A maximum of 3 projected images and/or 3 prints per member may be entered in the exhibition.
- Categories of entry are listed on the entry form. They are defined as:
Landscape (L): Landscapes ,seascapes, skyscapes, urban landscape landscapes: With Architecture there is a problem with scale. e.g. An interior of a cathedral or church, or an architectural feature such as a column and capital These should be entered in the Open section
Nature(N) photography depicts living, untamed animals and uncultivated plants in a natural habitat, geology and the wide diversity of natural phenomena, from insects to icebergs.
Photographs of subjects, which show obvious signs of being domesticated, caged or under any form of restraint, as well as photographs of cultivated plants are ineligible.
Minimal evidence of humans is acceptable for nature subjects, such as barn owls or storks adapting to an environment modified by humans, or natural forces, like hurricanes or tidal waves, reclaiming it.
Any manipulation or modification to the original image must be limited to minor retouching and should not alter the truth of the original scene. Domesticated animals, such as cats, dogs, hamsters, and farm animals e.g. sheep, cattle, hens, should be entered in the Open section.
Open (O): Anything that doesn't fall into the other categories (or maybe even does if the member doesn't want to enter it into those categories)
7. Print entries:
- Must bear on the back, in the top right hand corner, the category, your membership number, title of photograph,
as on the entry form E.g. Natural History. 999.Dandelion.
- All prints must be suitably mounted, maximum size of mount 40cms x 50cms
- Trade processed prints will be accepted.
- Prints will be judged for the trophy related to their category and also for the Best Print in the Competition. I.e. Colour Print Exhibition Cup or Monochrome Cup as appropriate
8. Projected Image entries
- Image files must be titled as follows:, the initial letter of the category (H, L, N or O), your membership number
(with leading zeroes if less than 100, e.g. 099), and title of photograph, all separated by dashes. e.g. O-999- Washing day.
- Projected digital images should conform to club competition parameters, i.e.: 1400 x 1050 pixels sRGB 8-bit jpg.
- Projected Images will be judged for the trophy related to their category and also for the Best Projected Image in the Competition. i.e. Projected Image Exhibition Cup.